- Download 99
- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date November 27, 2018
- Last Updated November 27, 2018
Top 11 Things You Need To Know About DevOps
by Gene Kim Co-author of The Visible Ops Handbook and The Phoenix Project
About the Author
Gene Kim is a multiple award winning CTO, researcher and author. He was founder and CTO of Tripwire for 13 years. He has written two books, including The Visible Ops Handbook and The Phoenix Project, and is now writing The DevOps Cookbook.
Gene is a huge fan of IT operations, and how it can enable developers to maximize throughput of features from “code complete” to “in production,” without causing chaos and disruption to the IT environment. He has worked with some of the top Internet companies on improving deployment flow and increasing the rigor around IT operational processes. In 2007, ComputerWorld added Gene to the “40 Innovative IT People Under The Age Of 40” list, and was given the Outstanding Alumnus Award by the Department of Computer Sciences at Purdue University for achievement and leadership in the profession
Table of Contents
1. What is DevOps and where did it come from?
2. How does DevOps differ from Agile?
3. How does DevOps differ from ITIL or ITSM?
4. How does DevOps fit with VisibleOps?
5. What are the underpinning principles of DevOps?
6. What are the areas of DevOps patterns?
7. What is the value of DevOps?
8. How does Infosec and QA integrate into a DevOps work stream?
9. My DevOps Favorite Pattern #1
10. My DevOps Favorite Pattern #2
11. My DevOps Favorite Pattern #3